Sunday, April 8, 2007

Day 3: April 8, 2007

Nothing really raggedy today, but I had a few nasty cars.

# of Jeeps Driven: 2
# of Hours Worked: 7
# of DCX Stuff Driven: 7
$ of tips: $34.01 (Don't ask about the penny... Grr.)

Terrible Smell Award: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Weed. Darn Jeep smelled just like he got done smoking a blunt / joint / pipe / whatever. Very annoying. It gave me a headache. No wonder nobody wanted to take it. It was so strong, I think I got a sort of contact high. Woo hoo! I'm floating.....
Runner Up: 200X Ford Taurus: Vomit. Oh my God, I wanted to throw up myself. No wonder she tipped me $4.

Raggediest Car Award: 200X Ford Taurus... yeah, the one that smelled like vomit. 138k on it, poor thing's been abused. I'm pretty sure it's paid for. Misaligned door, trunk wouldn't close, wiring screwed up inside, I turned the lights on, the turn signal indicators illuminated... INSIDE ONLY! If you activated the turn signal, the signals activated as normal.... NO DASH BACKLIGHTING. Rust on the front driver's side fender.

Car With The Most Miles: 199X? Honda Accord. 153k, and showing it. Owner was a very.... trash-liking individual. Dashboard covered in crap, I could go on and on.

Nastiest Car: 2005 Honda Accord. 77k miles, and dirt stains everywhere. Again, old fast food. I don't want to look at that... weird indescribable smell....

Cleanest Car: HA HA HA HA HA!!! Oh wait, never mind. 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt. Rental Car. Not a spot anywhere that I could find.
Runner Up: 2007 Ford Escape. Rental Car. Even smelled new.... but let's get to the next one

Roughest "Ride" Award: 2007 Ford Escape. You think these Jeeps ride hard? Man, drive one of these. I felt darn near every bump in existence on that harsh Detroit road. No power. I don't like feeling engines. The Escape's engine was downright harsh on my hands and feet. Typically engines smoothen after they're revved up and are no longer idling. OH NO, NOT THIS THING, I felt vibrations in the steering wheel and gas pedal! I NEVER want to drive another one of these ever again!!!

Most Expensive Car Award: 2007 Mercedes Benz S550. I'll sum it up with a smiley.

Most Boring, Uninspiring Car Award: Volvo S40. Yawn..............

Most Exciting Car Award: Chrysler 300C SRT-8. Averaging 15.8MPG, but who cares... HEMI!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest Disappointment Award: Hyundai Tiburon. Sports car? Heck no... and no headroom at all! I'm only 5' 10" but my head was hitting the ceiling every chance it could. Rough Engine, slow. "Sports car" my rear end.

Biggest Surprise Award: Chrysler Aspen. Sweet interior. Hemi power! (Although not as fun as the 300C SRT-8) Came straight from Auburn Hills. Test equipment and all, stuffed in the back next to the baby seat. I have no clue what they were doing down here. Makes me wonder what a DaimlerChrysler employee was doing at General Motors headquarters...

"Flipside" Award: Hummer H3. I say flipside because Hummer vs. Jeep. felt huge of course... and it is, yet with no interior space... uh, no comment on it.... because...well... it was rather uninspiring and slow. Waste of money IMO.

The others I didn't mention, some are left off of this list simply because I forgot to write them down:

Chrysler 300 (Base model, 2.7L V6)
Toyota Camry x2
Nissan Maxima
Cadillac DTS
Cadillac Deville
Chrysler Pacifica x2
Pontiac Grand Prix
Land Rover LR3
Honda CR-V (Also uninspiring)
Jeep Commander
Ford Explorer
Dodge Magnum
Ford Fusion
Chevrolet Suburban
Honda Accord x2

See you next time I gotta go to work!

No comments: