Sunday, April 8, 2007

Day 1: April 5, 2007

Well this was interesting. Got there at 2:30PM, and worked until 10:08. Met some interesting people, I think I even caught a glimpse of Bob Lutz, CEO of General Motors. But let's get to the point here: The cars!

I didn't drive much today as I'm just training... but... here's what I drove:

1. Toyota 4Runner
2. Toyota Sequoia
3. Nissan Sentra
4. Jeep Cherokee
5. Lexus LS400
6. Ford F-150
7. Lexus ES330
8. BMW 540i
9. Ford 500

Both of Toyotas were overrated. Nissan cool, but meh. No offense to the people who like Jeep Cherokees, but... uh... I did not like driving that Jeep at all. I had to duck into it (as opposed to climbing into the Liberty, which I prefer). The ES330 was nice, but also overrated. I liked the soft touch surfaces. The LS400 was like 10 years old with 200k miles on it, and well worn out. BMW needed a new owner, NO BMW SHOULD BE MISSING A REAR BUMPER!!!! The F-150 was the newer generation, it was actually once of the swimming coaches at my school so that was interesting to say the least. I can't figure it out, but there's something about that truck that I also didn't like. Cool as heck to drive though... the height can't be beat. Oh, and I now know why people liked the 4.0L engine... yeah, NOW I know the definition of low-end torque. I pushed the gas like I would in the Liberty. HUGE MISTAKE. The CVT of the Ford 500 was an interesting experience. Weird not feeling a transmission shift.

All in all, the best vehicle that I drove today... was this sweet 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport. \/ (That happens to belong to me...)

I have to work tomorrow, I'll give you another update.

No comments: